Saturday, July 30, 2011

Inspired by Geoffrey Beene

As promised, here is my Geoffrey Beene project.

The first page is the mood board, with an images of Geoffrey Beene along with his work:


Next is the fabric board -- from left to right, top to bottom -- a blue fur, a red/navy check plaid, a red/navy/cream tweed with gold thread, a cream solid wool, a navy solid wool, a gold panne velvet, a red chiffon with gold thread, a white/gold sheer fabric, red silk charmeuse, and a blue embroidered laser cut satin.


These are the day looks -- the coat in the check plaid with fur trim, and suits.  Beene did some cool asymmetrical jacket shaped, which I used here.  I tried to modernize the looks with the shoes.


These looks transition from the day to evening, although they are probably more evening.  Beene liked using sheer insets and back details, and sometimes incorporated wools into his evening looks.  His designs have a three-dimensional aspect to them.


These are the evening looks.


My figures are a little tight but I'm working on getting them looser.  I enjoyed doing this project.


On an unrelated note, tops and dresses on my online shop are 75% off until tomorrow, so check it out here.

No comments: