Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


I'm a bit ashamed to admit that Thanksgiving is more associated in my mind with gorging myself than actually giving thanks. I also have to admit that lately I've been having a hard time feeling grateful for all that I have. So I've decided to make a list of things that I am thankful for:

1. family -- They may give me a hard time about things sometimes, but they have been as supportive as they can be of my endeavors.

2. friends -- They keep me sane when i start slipping into my crazy ways and lift me up when I'm feeling down.

3. talents -- God has given me different gifts which I want to use to glorify Him -- music, art, fashion.

4. rock climbing -- I've picked up rock climbing since the fall and it has been a great distraction as well as a lens through which I can see where I am struggling in my life. I plan to do a post on this one soon.

5. career -- Although it often feels like things are down more than up, I want to give thanks for the small successes I've achieved so far.

6. food/clothing/shelter -- I'm well provided for, in ways that much of the world is not.

7. health -- I have all my limbs, no real medical issues to speak of or worry about, although I do bruise really easily -- what's up with that?

What are you thankful for?

No comments: