Saturday, November 9, 2013

Bouchra Jarrar, Nicolas Ghesquiere

I've decided, in addition to writing my own posts (which I know, I haven't done, in some time), to post links to articles about designers where either the designers or the writer of the article discusses the development of the designer's career/business.  Here are a few I liked from this past week:

The Slow and Steady Ascent of Bouchra Jarrar - after working with Nicolas Ghesquiere as studio director of Balenciaga for a decade, Jarrar started her own line to much critical acclaim.  This article discusses how she has been growing her business.


Ghesquière Named Vuitton Women’s Design Director - Nicolas Ghesquiere is probably my favorite designer, and after he suddenly left Balenciaga (and was replaced by Alexander Wang), everyone was wondering what such an influential designer would do next.  Once upon a time, when I was a middle school student dreaming about a career in fashion (this was in the 90s), I idolized Marc Jacobs, and I think that's why I've always felt a personal attachment to the LV brand.  Looks like that attachment won't fade any time soon.

No comments: