Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A great breakdown of what makes being a fashion designer difficult



I know, I know, I've been MIA.  Full time job, band -- those things have been occupying my time.

I've been a fan of the podcast This American Life for a while now, and have been listening to its spinoff, http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/  for a bit too.  Basically, it's a bunch of nerds trying to explain the way the economy works to the lay person.  They started the podcast when the economy tanked in 2008, to try to explain how everything went down.  They have a series of podcasts that discuss the process of designing and producing a Planet Money graphic t-shirt (culminating in this very successful Kickstarter project), and skim the surface of what it takes to make it in the fashion industry.

Anyway, here's the link to the podcast -- I found it a good explanation of why the job of a fashion designer is a tough one. http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2011/01/26/130838159/the-tuesday-podcast-stealing-our-way-to-a-t-shirt


No comments: