Friday, April 13, 2012

My foray into still-life styling

I've been exploring getting into still-life styling. George shot and retouched the clothing, which I pinned to a thick piece of foam board, and then I arranged them in Photoshop to look like magazine spreads.  It was a bit challenging because we did the shooting on my roof, and the wind would blow and the light would change so I'd have to move stuff around, but I think it looks pretty good for a first try.  It definitely was a good learning experience.

I have a friend who has an agency that represents stylists, and she told me that with the current economy, magazines and retailers are favoring still-life shoots as opposed to using models, where you'd need to pay models and hair and makeup artists.  Just in case you're reading the captions, the labels and prices in my layouts are mostly fake.




No comments: