Thursday, April 12, 2012

I made this shirt...

...for a client, an artist.




She gave me a shirt that she liked that she'd bought in a thrift store, and gave me fabric to make it in.  She wanted it in a cotton since the original shirt was in a polyester that didn't breathe well.  I made the shirt from scratch, first creating a pattern from the original shirt.

I pinned the shirt down and traced it, making adjustments where she'd pinned it to take it in here and there.  Then I put it all together.  It was a little tricky cutting the fabric because the print was so large and in big blocks, so I had to make sure to line up the center front in the middle of the diamond, and that the sleeves were cut so that they matched.  It also took me some time to get the collar to look right, but I think I did a pretty good job.  She picked out the bright red buttons, which give it a nice touch.

No comments: