Monday, October 31, 2011

Remembering.

One year ago, my grandmother passed away.

Looking at photos of myself with my short blonde hair, I realized I resemble her, or what she looked like when her hair was completely white. Here's a photo from several years ago of me with my grandmother:


And a photo of my blonde hair from a couple of weeks ago:


It wasn't very often that I saw her, and rarely for very long, and since she had problems speaking because of her strokes for as long as I knew her, I never really felt like I was able to develop a deep relationship with her.  However, I experienced her love, and even more, this aching longing to see her son, my father.  I'm not sure I can say that I miss her but I do feel a sense of loss, and I dread the day that I bury my own parents, or really, any other loved one.  At any rate, rest in peace.

No comments: