Friday, March 4, 2011

Balenciaga Fall 2011

It's been a while.  I'll post an update soon, but the Paris shows are in full swing, and my favorite one, Balenciaga, didn't disappoint.  Here are a couple of images:

I love the print.  The texture of the jacket is pieces of faux leather woven together.


My fave model, Stella Tennant.  She's in her 30s at this point, with a couple of kids, but I've noticed her on the runways and in editorials recently.  I've loved her ever since I saw her at the Dior show when I was an intern there.  I think she's around 6' tall.  Androgynous but beautiful!




Amazing accessories!

I'm not sure how he does it, but there's something about Ghesquiere's work that elicits a visceral reaction for me.  The clothes and accessories are probably a little bit over the top for most people, but for me they are a perfect balance between craftsmanship, artistry, and wearability.  He's always pushing the envelope and the clothes always feel fresh and new, but rarely (to me at least) do they feel costumey.  I also enjoy that they give the wearer a feeling of power and strength while still feeling feminine.  The Balenciaga girl isn't a girly wallflower.

I'm not there yet, but his work is definitely an inspiration to me.

No comments: