Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A hair in review

My hair has changed a lot in the past year or so.  At first I was growing it long, partly because I wanted to be a Native American princess on Halloween, although my plans were thwarted last year.

photo by Erica Soto
Last spring I went to Miami and my friend buzzed the side of my head for me, because I wanted to look like Alice Dellal.


Then I cut a ponytail length of hair off and had a half bob:


Then I got my hair buzzed.


Just for kicks, here's another pic of me with my soon-to-be famous friend B and her famous godmother.


After a bit, I decided to bleach my hair blonde.


Once the roots started growing out, it actually started looking better.


I dyed the blonde purple.


It washed out while I was in Puerto Rico (I'm guessing the sea water took a toll on the color).  My friend Pooja took this awesome pic of me.


At the end of January, George took this pic of me.


Then I went for purple again, but this time more of an ombre effect.  It's a little hard to see because of the glare here.


This is what my hair looks like today.  The purple has mostly faded, and I like the pale lavender color.  I've gotten compliments on it from a bunch of strangers in the street.  You can see the ombre effect better here than in the previous picture.  My dad also gave me an undercut to neaten it up a bit.  I'm trying to grow my hair out like Kate Lanphear, although I'm


I'm trying to grow my hair out like Kate Lanphear, although I don't really want to bleach my hair again.  I want to see what it looks like when the black has grown more and the tips are blonde.

1 comment:

blogMeister said...

I think your initial buzz looked more Anya Ayoung Chee. Beautiful, all around.