Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Jazz Age Lawn Party


My friends and I went to the Jazz Age Lawn Party on Governor's Island last Saturday.  If you haven't heard of the event, basically everyone dresses up like they're from the 1920s, and there is a cute little live orchestra and a small dance floor and people sit on the lawn and picnic (and wait for hours on the booze line).  My friend Jon took this photo of me, which I really liked, so I wanted to post it here.


I got this dress at a Goodwill in Pasadena or somewhere around there, for $20.  I love the dress but it is falling apart.  The black bugle beads on the body of the dress keep falling off.  I've tried half-heartedly to repair it but haven't been diligent to reinforce every single strand.  So whenever I wear it, I leave a trail of beads behind me.  The gold and black sequins on the shoulder/sleeves are pretty secure though.

No comments: