Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Kell on Earth - aka my new favorite show


My friend Kellan recommended the Bravo reality show, "Kell on Earth" to me recently. I started watching the episodes I could find online this past weekend and I love it. The show follows Kelly Cutrone, the owner of People's Revolution, which is a big PR firm that represents some big clients (and not so big ones), such as Vivienne Westwood (according to Wikipedia, theydon't list their clients on their site). The most interesting episodes to me were the ones that showed what happened behind the scenes of the shows Cutrone's firm produced during Fashion Week.

Cutrone is abrasive and there are times when the work environment at People's Revolution appears to be hostile, but you can tell under that bitchy exterior, she really cares about her employees and her clients. It's also interesting to hear her break down what she does -- PR and sales are parts of the business that I have been trying to figure out since I began my journey in fashion, and watching a seasoned veteran navigate those territories is intriguing.

In sum, if you want to understand the industry better (and be entertained along the way), this is a good one to watch.

No comments: