Wednesday, January 20, 2010

From Tom Ford's interview of Nicolas Ghesquiere

FORD: I think loneliness comes with being creative, because you are obsessed with creation. And it is so satisfying that sometimes, I have noticed, I completely neglect my friends and my family, and they fall away. That has happened now. I have worked so hard on my film and my business that I need to take the next six months and spend time with Richard [Buckley, Ford’s partner] and friends. Most of them have just sort of forgotten about me, because I have not been there for them. If you are creative, sometimes you give up a lot of things that other people have.

(to read the whole interview, click on the title of this post.)

2 comments:

Pratishtha Durga said...

That's beautiful! I agree that dreamers are loners. You dream alone, you create all by yourself. That's the legacy of the legends. Being alone. Being creative is like having the power to make a difference. And with power comes responsibility. I love the clarity of his thoughts. he is a genius.

Life In Technicolor. said...

thanks for your comment. lovely interview... tom ford's really an artistic soul isnt he? i havent seen a single man but i REALLY W ANT TO!!! cos it has colin firth in it and julianne moore too. im sure hes a great director.
r continuing to be in touch, hope youre well!

andrea xxxxx
Life In Technicolor.