Monday, September 7, 2009

Ecole de la Chambre Syndicale / Christian Dior

I get a number of questions about both of these. Please read the relevant blog entries before sending me comments/e-mails about them.

You can find out most info about the Chambre Syndicale via its website:
http://www.modeaparis.com/vf/ecoles/#cinquieme

The site is in French (I think there might be an English version somewhere) but keep in mind that classes are held in French so if you're having trouble understanding the site, you may not be ready to go to the school. The course I took was Formation Professionnelle Continue. If you call them, they will be happy to send you a packet with information about the course, including course fees and what you need to apply for the program.

Regarding Dior, as I mentioned in previous posts, I was only able to get the internship through a personal connection. You can try contacting the Studio (some resourceful googling and cold calling will get you the number) there. Another option is contacting the Galliano studio in the 20th arrondissement. Some of the opportunities I have had I've gotten through being resourceful, tracking down contact info, and cold-calling. Unfortunately, I don't really have much info or advice about getting an internship besides that.

Hope that helps.

No comments: