Thursday, April 23, 2009

SF

I went to San Francisco this past weekend just to get away from the city. The weather was perfect and the city itself is undoubtedly a nice place to live. It also seems like the perfect place if you are into nature and being active.

But I was eager to return to New York. The city felt small in comparison to New York, and by midnight it felt like everything was closing down. It felt like a sleepy small town. Very tech oriented, not so much arts (or fashion) friendly. I was also reminded of how much I take New York's public transportation system for granted. It's tough getting around SF without taking cabs, which gets expensive.

In college, I wasn't very impressed with Boston either.

Once you've known New York, nothing else really compares -- except for maybe Paris.

No comments: